Welcome to the Direct Care Core Competencies. This course will provide you with information about the roles and responsibilities of direct support professionals.
The purpose of the Direct Care Core Competencies course is to introduce you to the knowledge, skills, and terms that will assist you in applying and delivering maximum standards of care as a direct support professional.
This course has five modules. Each module begins with a list of learning objectives. There is an assessment at the end of the course based on all of the learning objectives.
The five modules are:
1. Basic Person-Centered Planning
2. Introduction to Developmental Disabilities
3. Maintaining Health, Safety, and Wellness
4. Individual Choices, Rights, and Responsibilities
5. Roles and Responsibilities of Direct Support Professionals
Certification is good anywhere in Florida.